Sustainability & Safety
Eastern Construction is committed to the long-term health and safety of our people and the communities we touch and is committed to providing a safe, clean, and professional work environment. Safety is everyone's responsibility and begins with training.
It is our belief that any safety and health program must have total employee involvement which is why we provide the following resources:
- We only use certified and qualified subcontractors that are properly trained.
- Our employees are certified in OSHA Construction Safety, CPR, and First Aid.
- Regular company sponsored Educational Seminars so that all employees receive Industry Related Product & Manufacturer Certifications, such as VSI & GAF.
- Employees are also responsible for following safe work practices
Safety Monitoring & Compliance:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) always in place.
- Evacuation & Emergency response plans prepared for every job.
- Shutdown procedures for equipment prepared.
- Record-keeping & OHSA Logs kept onsite.
- Weekly safety meetings held on all job sites.
- Safety Binder and MSDS Documents kept on all job sites.
- Our Above average EMR places us in a classification that is 8% better than other General Contractors across the Nation from The National Council on Compensation Insurance.
- Eastern Construction is a fully bonded which means our financial strength and ability to perform, is well above average amongst similar businesses.
- The overall business practices of Eastern Construction are second to none, which have allowed us to capitalize on extremely favorable Insurance Coverage capabilities.
Eastern Construction is committed to promoting company-wide environmental awareness through the following:
- Accurately size and utilize proper materials to reduce waste.
- Understand and comply with all federal and local legislation, regulations and environmental codes for each job.
- Onsite training of suppliers and subcontractors to promote environmental awareness.
- Preserve natural features such as wildlife and trees to the highest extent possible.
- Ensure the entire workforces is aware of company policy and the overall environmental objective.
I have been in the multi-family industry for over 20 years. I am always impressed with Eastern's turn-around time on bids. It seems the answer is always "yes we can", no matter what I ask. This comes in handy in our business and not every company will do this. Their pricing is always competitive and consistent, and they know how to do a variety of jobs, which is great. They are a valued contractor and we enjoy working with Eastern Construction... THEY are the good guys!